Wednesday, January 16, 2008

All Summer In A Day

All Summer In A Day is an extremely sad story. It is set on the planet Venus. In this book, Venus is a dreary,rainy place and only sees the sun once every 7 years. A girl,Margot, was from earth and was brought to Venus and remembers the sun. out of jeolosy she is locked in a closet on the day the sun is able to be seen . When the sun finaly is able to be seen, the children forget about Margot and go out side needless to say she is very sad when she realizes what had happened. Another event that is even more rare but slightly less dazzling is Halley's Comet. It can only be seen once every 76 years and is literally a once in a lifetime event. Fortunately for us, however we always have the sun unlike thoughs who live on Ray's Venus.

1 comment:

Zach Kahrs said...

Jay, I liked how you used the example of Halye's comit to help the readers understand the majesty of the sun to the paople on Venus. I know that I would be very angry if I wanted to see Halye's comit all my life and for some reason someone locked me in a closet I would be angry. Also, you didn't say anthing about what the gilr did after she got out. Was she angry, sad, dissiponted, don't leave me hanging, Jay.